Welcome to the Kurwongbah P&C Association page. The P&C consists of parents, teachers and interested community members, coming together to provide opportunities and resources for the school and our students.
All parents, staff and community members are eligible to join the P&C. Membership forms are available here [link to membership form] or by attending any of our general meetings in person.
General meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 6.30pm in the school staffroom.
Meetings for 2023 will be held on:
Wed 08 Feb
Wed 08 Mar AGM
April N/A (School Holidays)
Wed 10 May
Wed 14 June
|Wed 12 July|
|Wed 09 Aug||Wed 13 Sept||Wed 11 Oct|
|Wed 08 Nov|||||
Minutes for past meetings are available from the 'P&C meeting and agenda minutes' link found at the upper right hand side of this page
2023 Executive team
|Vice President:||Claire Dreweryemail@example.com|
The Kurwongbah P&C operates four businesses within the school:
Qkr! Online Ordering
Qkr! (pronounced quicker) is a FREE app to enable mobile payment for school-based accounts.
The app enables parents and carers of Kurwongbah students to use their mobile devices to place Tuckshop orders or make Uniform payments.
No more loading credit to your account, paying for each child individually, or paying additional fees.
You can order tuckshop and uniforms online by clicking on the below link
You can download the app from the App Store or Google Play
There are a number of sub-committees that form part of the P&C:
- Fundraising Sub-Committee
- 2024 Fete Sub-Committee
Membership to these sub-committees is open to all P&C members and you are encouraged to attend meetings if you are interested in being involved.
For more information on the sub-committees, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Kurwongbah P&C operates under a constitution, available here [link to constitution] and is supported by P&C Qld. More information on P&C Qld is available at https://pandcsqld.com.au/.
Ongoing P&C fundraising activities
The P&C coordinates a number of fundraising activities throughout the year including discos, movie nights, trivia nights and the fete (held every two years).
How you can volunteer
The P&C relies on parent, teacher and community support to deliver services and resources for the school community. While membership and involvement at general meetings is encouraged, there are many other ways to volunteer and be involved in the school community, including:
- as a class helper—either during class time or by doing cutting or laminating
- volunteering at the tuckshop or by donating goods
- helping at the uniform shop – during shop hours or by mending second hand uniforms
- covering books or shelving at the library
- helping out with fundraising activities throughout the year
- participating in craft group – making crafts, helping on stall days or maintaining stock levels
- sorting containers for change following breaks, taking containers to collection points, donating personal container refunds to the school code (include new code here)
- helping support the sustainable garden
- contributing to the success of the fete through the weekly donation program, volunteering as a stall convenor, selling art union tickets, or joining the fete committee.