Kurwongbah State School Enrolment Procedure
Please note Kurwongbah State School has an enrolment management plan. This plan can be viewed via the following link https://education.qld.gov.au/parents-and-carers/enrolment/management-plans. Parents outside this catchment area are encouraged to submit an application for Principal consideration.
Parents/Carers are advised of the following steps for student enrolment
- Request an Application for Enrolment form from the Office or download a copy from our school website.
- Submit a completed Application for Enrolment form to the Office or by email to Enrolments@kurwongbahss.eq.edu.au Please note all * (asterisked) areas must be completed in the Application for Enrolment form.
- Parents/Carers in the school catchment area are to provide 2 Proof of Residency items
- Drivers Licence or Final House contract and
- Utility Bill e.g. electricity, water, gas
- The Principal will review the application and parents/carers will be advised of the outcome in a timely manner.
- Upon acceptance of the Application for Enrolment form parents will be contacted to organise an interview time with a member of our Executive Leadership Team.
- Parents/carers will be advised in writing if an enrolment application is not accepted. Parents/carers will be advised of the reason the application has not been accepted.
- Enrolment interviews assist our school team to learn about your child and to share key information relating to our school. This is a critical process in supporting your child's successful transition to our school community. At interview parents will be provided with:
- Kurwongbah State School Student Code of Conduct
- Kurwongbah State School Student Dress Code
- Prep 2022 enrolment applications are now open.
- Prep 2022 enrolment interviews will commence in Term 3.
- Prep 2022 Transition to Prep Program will be offered at the end of Term 3 and into the beginning of Term 4 with additional transition time offered to students if required.
We look forward to welcoming your family to our dynamic learning community.
Parents and Early Childhood Education and Care services, with parental permission, can forward transition statements to our school using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.